Wednesday 12 February 2014

Film Opening: Editing

During the process of editing our film opening, I have learnt a range of new skills which I will take forward with me. In this image, it displays the way my group and I used the colour grading to turn coloured footage to black and white. We had to use the colour corrector tool which then came up with a colour wheel and some buttons which you use to adjust the specific colour. As we wanted to turn this particular part of the footage black and white, we turned the saturation down and made sure the contrast levels were balanced.We decided to use a black and white format for the 'flashback' scenes because we felt it made it seem more real like your going back in time, making it evident for the audience to understand clearly. 
We also added a slow motion effect to this footage by changing the speed to 65%, adding to the enigma being created.I also learnt how to put a letterbox format onto the footage, which presented it in a wide screen format, where the image is displayed in approximately its original proportions across the middle of the screen, leaving horizontal black bands above and below. In addition, I also learnt how to fade out music using a specific tool which enabled me to control the audio levels and choose where I wanted the music to fade out. Moreover, The font we used is called Calisto MT and we decided to use it because it had an elegant effect but slight edge to it, connoting the theme of our story. Our teacher recommended that we use the same font throughout the whole film opening to portray clear continuity. We positioned the titles in various ways throughout the film opening, spreading out the duration of each credit appearing to display a smooth flow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment