Monday 25 November 2013

Research & Planning: Genres

Wide range of genres
Film genres give the audience an insight of what the movie and plot line may consist of. I researched into all of the categorized film genres that are in the film world to give me ideas on what kind of genre I want my film to follow.








http://www.imdb.com/genre/
The imbd website lists and consists of all the possible categorized film genres which come under each particular theme. For an example, there can be a comedy themed movie which is romance based, which is also known as a rom com; an example of a rom com: "The Proposal." I like the concept of how various genres can be combined to give a final outcome, when making my film opening I will consider combining two contrasting genres that could work well together e.g. thriller and crime.

http://www.bfi.org.uk/news-opinion/bfi-news/genres-where-draw-line
From this website, it described each genre briefly and gave several examples of movies which fit into that specific genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment